Simpson Community Development Society
Simpson Society helps to provide social employment for people with barriers to employment in Vancouver’s Downtown Eastside and Metro Vancouver. We start, manage and support social enterprises, working strategically to maximize their social impact.
Simpson Society has the following purposes beneficial to society:
- We provide employment opportunities to people who have barriers to employment, including, but not limited to, poverty and disability.
- We offer training to marginalized individuals so they may obtain gainful employment, and participate meaningfully in the work force.
- We promote all such further activities that develop, support and promote community economic development efforts.
- Validation of all persons, especially the most vulnerable
- Redemptive responses to persons trapped in poverty cycles
- Non-judgmental interactions with persons holding contrary ideologies
- Restorative justice for victims and perpetrators of wrong-doing
- Committed to helping persons of extreme poverty through bottom-up and self-sufficient methods
- Decentralized program management
- Support social environments which allow participants to use heuristic methods (discovery through trial and error)
Over the next five years the Society has a vision to provide training, employment and independent living support to 150 persons that are at risk to homelessness in Vancouver’s Downtown Eastside and Metro Vancouver.
Click HERE to learn more about Simpson Society.
Escape To Nature – A supportive employment initiative
In the summer of 2017, CleanStart decided to purchase a property on Saturna Island. This is one of the most uninhabited of the Gulf Islands. We did this in an effort to provide our employees with an escape from the busy city and to just unplug and be one with themselves and nature. This is where the name “Escape to Nature” came from.
We offer every employee 2 full expense paid trips to the property each year. We have found that it increases morale, boosts efficiency and creates a more “family” type of work environment. It also gives some of our employees a chance to go on a vacation each year without worrying about the financial aspect of travel.
Our property on Saturna Island contributes to our social mandate by providing support for our employees by spending time together in Nature. To help fund our efforts we offer organizations and people the opportunity to experience the stunning natural beauty of Saturna Island.
To book a stay at our property and Escape to Nature, you can BOOK ONLINE here.
Click HERE to learn more about Escape to Nature.